With the availability of faster and more cost-effective computer platforms, PassPort customers have the opportunity to move from the mainframe/DB2 world to the Unix/Oracle environment.
OLAV provides software tools, migration strategies, and experienced consultants to move both production data and system architecture data from the DB2 environment to an Oracle on Unix environment.
- A two-week period is required to perform the initial data migration (by OLAV). This includes verifying table structures in both releases, accounting for structural discrepancies, and moving the data. Special data corrections or translations will be identified at this time. A report detailing the structural differences is produced. A detailed before/after record count report is also produced.
- One month is then available for the client to review and validate the Asset Suite/PassPort system and data on the target platform. Any corrections or discrepancies should be documented for later correction.
- One week is required to perform the second full data migration (by OLAV). A detailed production release upgrade schedule will be produced at this time for client review.
- A one-month period follows for a final client review and signoff of the new Asset Suite/PassPort system and data.
- The final production data migration will require one week. The final report detailing the number of tables and records moved is produced.